Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tradition

Two weeks ago I photographed a Nepali wedding ceremony! The bride, Sita, was beautiful, dressed in a sari with golden accents and embroidery, and her hands were decorated with henna. Many women were wrapped in lovely saris in shades of red, the traditional wedding color.
Back in Nepal a wedding celebration would go all day with the ceremony, eating great curry and roti, and with lots of dancing! The bride and groom would wear carnation leis and carnations would be used as decorations all around for the wedding.
But here in Spokane life is different for these Bhutanese refugees. So the family and friends of Yadu and Sita came together for a morning ceremony. This wedding day was different from past weddings in Nepal, but the tradition is the same and the food was just as delicious!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Spokane, WA, United States
Photojournalism portraiture: I photograph people, I am not the greatest at landscape, though I often still try. But people are my specialty. I capture natural expressions and emotions during my photo shoots. I focus on the simplicity of fun and life whether it be for an individual or whole wedding party.